Bread crumbs are so 2019. After trying one of these zesty chicken nuggets, coated in a crispy cracker crust, you won’t even miss the oldies! Whether it’s game day and you want to turn up the heat on a fan favorite, or it’s already 7pm on a Wednesday and you need a quick dinner idea—stat—these keto-friendly, cracker-crusted chicken nuggets are an absolute game changer 💪
BONUS: This recipe was expertly engineered by our very own Daniel Vlodaver (aka, our MVP Cracker Chef)! In other words, it’s sure to make for a 5-star feast.
Cracker-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Net-carb count: 1 net carb per serving
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup Sea Salt Crackers (equivalent to 1 pouch)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the crackers until they are a crumb consistency.
- In a shallow dish, combine cracker crumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, cayenne & avocado oil; mix well.
- Set a wire rack on the baking sheet; lightly coat rack with cooking spray.
- Cut the chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place eggs in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken pieces into the beaten eggs until well coated; transfer them to cracker mixture and coat evenly with crumbs. Place them on the rack, evenly spaced.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the nuggets are crispy & golden brown (about 10 minutes), flipping halfway.
- Serve alongside your favorite New Primal sauces. Take a big bite, close your eyes, and escape to chicken nugget paradise.
The best part about this recipe is you can swap chicken with any of your favorite proteins: salmon, tofu, maybe a little crab cake action or keto mac & cheese balls… Who’s hungry?! 🤤
All out of your fav flavors? Stock up on Fat Snax Crackers here! 🎉