Based in Brooklyn, Fat Snax is changing the way the world eats by making the world's best keto & low-carb snacks. Launched in 2017, we’re one of the fastest-growing food/CPG startups.
Fat Snax is also expanding rapidly into retail, opening over 1,200 points of retail in just 7 months and press includes CNN Money, Business Insider, and Women’s Health. Oh, and our office has unlimited cookies
How to apply?
Please email your resume along with up to 400 words on why you might be a great fit to email@example.com
The Head of Growth will lead Fat Snax across all online channels (DTC + Amazon). They will oversee all digital strategy, including ad spend, CRO, Amazon, email marketing, and inventory projections. The Head of Growth will report to the CMO and work alongside him on marketing initiatives.
This person is taking a significant e-commerce business and further scaling to hit revenue goals. They must have significant experience with e-commerce/digital marketing, be flexible and results-oriented, and have the drive to aggressively self-teach.
- Own all aspects of performance marketing: develop strategies and plans to drive new customer acquisition and build a foundation for healthy growth into the coming years
- Manage mid 6-figure annual marketing budget
- Manage and drive continuous improvement of day-to-day performance management and reporting
- Optimize paid media spend across ad channels, utilizing both your own skillset and select agencies; manage/onboard any agencies and digital freelancers
- Stay up-to-date with Amazon; grow Amazon Seller Central business
- Lead and oversee email & SMS marketing
- Work with CMO to drive organic customer acquisition strategy, including content strategy, SEO, and lead generation
- Report to CMO and CEO on overall performance against growth goals and campaign ROI; track trends and make strategic recommendations to ensure that we are continuously optimizing our efforts and providing growth in our programs
- Constantly explore new opportunities such as emerging tech, new vendors, and new platforms, proactively delivering recommendations to the team; work cross-functionally with category general managers, product, engineering, creative, analytics to unlock new growth opportunities
- 4+ years digital marketing experience
- 2+ years of Facebook Ads experience
- ESP experience; Klaviyo preferred
- Experience with Amazon Seller Central + Shopify DTC
Location: Brooklyn, NY (Bushwick)
As a Food R&D Scientist with Fat Snax, you will have unique opportunities to increase your technical knowledge by participating in the development of a diverse portfolio of keto friendly foods. Scientists participate in leading and supporting the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up. Successful candidates thrive in an environment of fast-paced, consumer-driven product development.
Our ideal candidate will be familiar with a keto lifestyle and be skilled at preparing pastries, desserts, salty snacks, and other delicious sugar-free and low-carb goods. Our chef also must have excellent time management skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced startup environment. This person must be a team player, ready to hop in wherever and whenever they are needed.
- Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Design and execute experiments and analyze data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process
- Provide technical risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development
- Translate product attributes into formal specifications for manufacture
- Investigate and apply new technology to provide a competitive advantage
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Lead and support development for quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering and many others
- Bachelors Degree plus two years industry experience or Masters in Food Science or a related science degree
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant restaurant experience
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in a home kitchen, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player
- Must be flexible to the needs of the business
- Must have a car
- Must have home baking equipment
- Minimum: 2-4 years professional experience in Product Development
- Location: Bay Area (remote but able to have weekly meetings in Moraga, CA)
- Light travel roughly 3-4 times per year.
The Customer Experience Specialist will handle all in-bound company requests to make sure customers and prospective customers get what they need. Fat Snax was built on a close relationship with our customers, so every DM, email, phone call, and conversation is an opportunity to make someone smile.
The candidate should be entry level and eager to get involved in a growing company; we expect them to grow out of the role in just 4-5 months and be taking over a new portion of the business.
Day to Day Includes:
- Owning and answering all inbound customer support to email, live chat, occasional phone calls, as well as all comments and DMs on Instagram and Facebook
- Responding to Amazon reviews, messages, and feedback
- Sending samples from the office, making office purchases
- Booking rooms & tickets for events as well as occasional office management
- Distributing info@ emails to the appropriate parties within the company
- Must have excellent grammar & attention to detail
- Must be aspirational to grow within our company and industry at large
- Must be outgoing in person and over the phone
- Must be in NYC with a reasonable commute to Bushwick, Brooklyn
- Must be able to do occasional events (lifting 30 lb and on feet for 8+ hours)
- Must be entry level
- Location: Bushwick, Brooklyn
- Light travel roughly 5-6 times per year.