Based in Brooklyn, Fat Snax is changing the way the world eats by making the world's best keto & low-carb snacks. Launched in 2017, we’re one of the fastest-growing food/CPG startups.
Fat Snax is also expanding rapidly into retail, opening over 1,200 points of retail in just 7 months and press includes CNN Money, Business Insider, and Women’s Health. Oh, and our office has unlimited cookies
How to apply?
Please email your resume along with up to 400 words on why you might be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Head of Growth will lead Fat Snax across all online channels (DTC + Amazon). They will oversee all digital strategy, including ad spend, CRO, Amazon, email marketing, and inventory projections. The Head of Growth will report to the CMO and work alongside him on marketing initiatives.
This person is taking a significant e-commerce business and further scaling to hit revenue goals. They must have significant experience with e-commerce/digital marketing, be flexible and results-oriented, and have the drive to aggressively self-teach.
- Own all aspects of performance marketing: develop strategies and plans to drive new customer acquisition and build a foundation for healthy growth into the coming years
- Manage mid 6-figure annual marketing budget
- Manage and drive continuous improvement of day-to-day performance management and reporting
- Optimize paid media spend across ad channels, utilizing both your own skillset and select agencies; manage/onboard any agencies and digital freelancers
- Stay up-to-date with Amazon; grow Amazon Seller Central business
- Lead and oversee email & SMS marketing
- Work with CMO to drive organic customer acquisition strategy, including content strategy, SEO, and lead generation
- Report to CMO and CEO on overall performance against growth goals and campaign ROI; track trends and make strategic recommendations to ensure that we are continuously optimizing our efforts and providing growth in our programs
- Constantly explore new opportunities such as emerging tech, new vendors, and new platforms, proactively delivering recommendations to the team; work cross-functionally with category general managers, product, engineering, creative, analytics to unlock new growth opportunities
- 4+ years digital marketing experience
- 2+ years of Facebook Ads experience
- ESP experience; Klaviyo preferred
- Experience with Amazon Seller Central + Shopify DTC
Location: Brooklyn, NY (Bushwick)
As a Food R&D Scientist with Fat Snax, you will have unique opportunities to increase your technical knowledge by participating in the development of a diverse portfolio of keto friendly foods. Scientists participate in leading and supporting the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up. Successful candidates thrive in an environment of fast-paced, consumer-driven product development.
Our ideal candidate will be familiar with a keto lifestyle and be skilled at preparing pastries, desserts, salty snacks, and other delicious sugar-free and low-carb goods. Our chef also must have excellent time management skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced startup environment. This person must be a team player, ready to hop in wherever and whenever they are needed.
- Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Design and execute experiments and analyze data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process
- Provide technical risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development
- Translate product attributes into formal specifications for manufacture
- Investigate and apply new technology to provide a competitive advantage
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Lead and support development for quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering and many others
- Bachelors Degree plus two years industry experience or Masters in Food Science or a related science degree
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant restaurant experience
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in a home kitchen, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player
- Must be flexible to the needs of the business
- Must have a car
- Must have home baking equipment
- Minimum: 2-4 years professional experience in Product Development
- Location: Bay Area (remote but able to have weekly meetings in Moraga, CA)
- Light travel roughly 3-4 times per year.
The Quality Assurance Manager will develop and maintain QA procedures and records, review labeling, and work with our team and manufacturers to insure consistency in our existing products. As a member of the operations team, they will work closely with our co-manufactures. He/she will lead maintenance of all technical files associated with quality, and will be essential to the successful management of QA practices.
Day to Day Includes:
- Manage of all technical aspects of the organization’s products including process development, material approvals, analytical testing, quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare facility for customer and third-party quality and food safety audits.
- Assure compliance with USDA/FDA regulations.
- Ensure that test such as water activity are conducted at onsite lab.
- Develop and manage a protocol by which new suppliers are qualified, audited, and approved as a strategic fit for the Company’s manufacturing quality objectives.
- Develop quality assurance plans for scale up.
- Validate quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes
- Manage finished product positive release program including review and approval of QA records, and finished product testing.
- Investigate customer complaints and provide guidance to resolve issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- BS in Food Science or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of QA experience in a shelf stable food and or beverage environment
- Experience in the use of a QMS system to monitor quality
- Familiarity with FDA regulations, GMP’s HACCP and Global Food Safety Initiative Programs
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong PC competency: including Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research
- Travel roughly 10 times per year.