Recipe: Slow Cooker Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
September 18, 2020
by Parker Ewing
Fall is officially here! We’re kicking things off with a super creamy, savory indulgence that's perfect for a chilly fall evening. Nostalgic enough to bring you back to fall break at grandma’s house, easy enough to throw everything in the pot in the morning—and go. And if you’re anything like us, soup is never complete without a little crunch. It’s time for #CrackersAndSoup.
Slow Cooker Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Net-carb count: 6g per serving
Time: 8 hours
- 1 lb Organic chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup organic green beans
- 2 organic carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 organic parsnip, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 2 organic ribs of celery, chopped
- ½ cup organic frozen green peas
- 3 cups Bonafide Provisions Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Rosemary
- Sea Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup Organic heavy cream or coconut cream
- Add all ingredients except for heavy cream or coconut cream to crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken thighs and shred or dice, and add back into the crockpot.
- Add in heavy cream or coconut cream and let it cook on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- If soup is too liquidy, add 1 tbsp of crushed Fat Snax crackers to help thicken it up. Simply take about 1 cup of liquid from crock pot in a small bowl, add in the crushed Fat Snax crackers, and stir until there are no clumps left. Add slurry back into crockpot and allow to cook until it reaches the desired thickness.
Top with Fat Snax Crackers!
If you indulge in this buttery soup, share your mouth-watering photos with us at @EatFatSnax or email@example.com. And don’t forget to dunk those crackers! 🎉 #CrackersAndSoup