We combined two classic cinnamon sugar desserts to create one extra flavorful and comforting treat! Snickerdoodle cinnamon rolls!! These rolls have a delicious gooey and buttery filling and a perfectly sweet and vanilla-y icing. Throw a baking party for yourself at home and make these indulgent keto snickerdoodle cinnamon rolls!
Snickerdoodle Cinnamon Rolls
Servings: 8 servings
Net-carb count: 5.8 g net carbs* per serving
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup low carb protein powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar free sweetener
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Icing & Topping:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine almond flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Mix in 1/2 cup melted butter, sour cream, hot water and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Place dough in between two sheets of parchment paper and roll into a rectangle shape about 1/4 inch thick using a rolling pin.
- Brush the 2 tablespoons melted butter on top of the dough.
- Mix together remaining ingredients for the filling and sprinkle on top of the butter.
- Starting at the long end of the rectangle dough, tightly roll up the dough over the filling. Cut the dough crosswise into even slices (about 1 inch thick). Place in a baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 16-20 minutes.
- To make the icing, combine melted butter, powdered erythritol and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Drizzle on top of warm cinnamon rolls. Top with remaining crumbled snickerdoodle cookies.