We don’t know about you, but we’ve been craving an easy, delicious soup to fill us up and keep us warm on these chilly, winter nights. Roasted Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the most comforting one we can think of: cheesy, rich, and packed with flavor. It’s also a way to get in some veggies! #WinterWinning
Servings: 6 servings
Net-carb count: 3 net carbs per serving
Time: 45 minutes
- 12 ounces of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 medium Onion, diced
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ¼ tsp of Pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Fat Snax Crackers to dip, dunk, and crumble into your soup!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the broccoli in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Bake until browned.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until translucent.
- Add the heavy cream and stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the cheese, continuing to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend using an immersion or stick blender and stir in the roasted broccoli.
- Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Serve alongside crackers and dig in!